Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Kevin & Tina (423) 345-4415 Surgoinsville, TN
How to purchase a Dachshund
Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Over the years we have tried our hardest to be as easy going as possible with our process in sharing our babies (pups & adults) with the public and allowing them to be placed in different forever homes. Please understand that we would like to keep it that way (easy going). So instead of us having a "formal" form for you to fill out and submit to us, we ask that anyone who is interested in adopting one of our babies (pups & adults) to do the following:
Please take a minute and email us and in details tell us about yourself, the family, the forever home, living arrangements and environment, who the puppy and/or adult would be for, intentions, describe the environment in which puppy would be living in, other animals, hours available to care for a puppy, why you are looking to add this family member, etc. and anything else you think we might be interested in knowing about the possible forever home being offered to one of our babies. No information is to much.
The more information the better for us to get a true feel for who you are.
Please be thorough, honest and up front.
Owning a puppy is a big under taking and responsibility.
We will not apologize for asking so many questions or for asking you to giving us more information. If what we want from you is to personal and or offends you in any way at all, then it is best that you look somewhere else.
All of this is about us looking out for the best interest of
babies future and well being.
Submission/approval is to be done in writing in an email.
Thank you ahead of time for your time and understanding.
Please check with us first before you place a deposit.
Approval from us is required first.
Call or email for more details.
How and what we do
- We do not let our pups leave until they are 8 weeks old and sometime a few days past if they are not eating to our requirements, this is not negotiable. If the timing might be an issue then we recommend you wait to adopt when timing is not an issue any longer.
- We deworm our pups every 2 weeks until they are 2 months old and then every 3 weeks until they are 4 months old and then once a month until they are 1 year. Adults are dewormed every 90 days. If a Mom is pregnant she is dewormed an additional time 2 weeks before delivery due date.
- We administer all Vaccines according to recommended canine guide lines.
- At about 6 weeks old we give a Parvo shot ( pups are not allowed to have visitors until this shot has been given ) then between 8 & 9 weeks we start there first of three 5 way vaccines and administer every 3 weeks until finished. We do not give our pups the 7 way vaccination because some Dachshunds are allergic to the "lepto" virus in that vaccine.
- Sometimes we are simply just not able to accommodate visits.
- Puppies are raised in a bedroom of our home and are handled and loved on every single day several times a day from the second they are born. We start the weening process at about 7 weeks of age to give the pups plenty of time to adjust being on there own and learning to rely on humans more then Mom for comfort, food and playing before they go to there forever home at 8 weeks old. We also start potty training our pups with pee pads during the weening process.
- We honor a 2 year health guarantee from any fatal life threatening genetic defects.
- As with most breeders - We require the puppy be seen by your Veterinarian with in 72 hours of adoption for your protection as well as ours. This visit is to verify the puppy is as healthy that we say she or he is as well as get established with your Vet. with a puppy wellness plan, continue puppy vaccinations, dewormings, scheduling spay or neutering, etc.
- Pet price means the puppy is to be spayed/neutered and the buyer will have to sign a contract the day of pick up or delivery saying they will get the puppy neutered/spayed by the appropriate age. Proof of the procedure will then have to be supplied to us. AKC "limited" reg. papers are extra cost.
- We are registered business with the IRS, the state of Tennessee and the county we live in.
- To protect the health of our Dachshunds - visitors are not allowed to bring any pets onto our premises at anytime. Sorry. We are just looking out for the safety and health of our babies first and for most. We also ask that if you have a visit scheduled to come to our home that you "DO NOT" visit any other animal facility before coming here. PLEASE
- We do not do any business on Sunday mornings and only "occasionally" are we able to do a courtesy appointment in the afternoon if it scheduled weeks in advance and does not conflict with our Sunday family time/plans.
- We do not do business through a 3rd party under any circumstances.
- We will not knowingly "EVER" place one of our babies with a puppy mill and or a pet store. We reserve the right to refuse placement of one of our babies if we do not feel the home is a good fit or does not meet our simple "Purchase Requirements".
- Visitors are always welcome but because we do this in our home, so we do require an appointment to come visit and/or pick up a puppy.
- Thanks for checking us out.
* General Information & Registration and breeding rights. *
- A deposit holds a puppy until he or she is 8 weeks old or the date specified. If Not picked up by that pick up date they will be put back up for adoption and deposit will be forfeited unless prior arrangements are made in writing. We charge $5.00 a day to hold a puppy past the first pick up date scheduled or $35.oo a week.
- A deposit is "NOT" accepted to hold one of our pups until we receive in writing who the deposit is going toward, contact phone numbers, who pup is for, family bio, approval, etc.
- Also required is a response to our email confirming to our pick up date, spay or neutering, etc..
- We require "IN WRITING" who the deposit is going towards.
- All of our puppies are sold as pets. Which means they will be spayed or neutered at owners expense.
- *AKC " bred" means the puppy comes from AKC Registered parents, and is a pure blooded dachshund.
- Deposit are NON refundable - Occasionally (in special circumstances) they are transferable to another litter within a few months.
- AKC puppies are all sold as pets. Limited Registration papers can be purchased at the time the puppy is purchased. AKC charges quite a bit, so in order to keep your cost down we DO NOT pay to register the AKC litters unless you pay the $100.00 at the time you buy your puppy to register your puppy limited AKC.
- Breeding rights are purchased separately at the time puppy is purchased and are sold to approved breeders only and are priced based on the color, pattern and sex. Usually between $ 200.00 and $ 600.00 extra.
- We " the Breeder " always reserve the right to have first pick of any and all litters we breed, unless otherwise stated. Blessings