Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Kevin & Tina Edwards in East, TN
All colors and patterns
We are a small breeding family located in a small town in the mountains of east Tennessee (between Knoxville & Bristol). We strive to continue to breed wonderful pets and believe in top quality not quantity. All of our Dachshund parents are pure blooded Dachshunds, registered with AKC, and are all part of our family. Everyone lives and sleeps inside, but get to go outside anytime they want, through dogie doors. Except the puppies are not allowed outside until they have had all the vaccinations. They are slightly spoiled and very very very loved. Our puppies are sold as family pets, and are all raised in the house with us because they are our family, and of course are handled endless times every day.
It's not very hard to continue doing justice to a breed that is already "PERFECT". We believe this to be a "fact" not just an opinion. Doing justice to the breed is VERY very IMPORTANT to us. We do our very best to breed and raise Dachshunds in the Miniature size (occasionally a Tweeie happens) that are well grounded and are true to the breed.
We also try our hardest to breed well balanced and conformation correct little ones.
We try our best to produce top " QUALITY " Dachshunds!
Color and pattern "are NOT" our primary focus and never will be!
They are very adventurous little ones and "LOVE" to be the center of attention but can be taught to step back and trust you once they see you love them as much as they love themselves.
Dachshunds are truly wonderful dogs. We have found them to be completely loyal, loaded with personality, extremely happy, alert, sensitive, smart, sometimes a little stubborn and above all a complete joy to be around.
That is where the term
" Extraordinary "
AND WE USE THE WORD
" Extraordinary "
BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN
" Extraordinary "
CARE AND SERVICES FOR THESE LITTLE ONES.
This is also what we try our best to do for them and the public.
We believe they are here for our enjoyment, and they deserve the best treatment.
Placement/adoption approval is required before we will allow our babies to leave our home.
Please feel free to call or email us
but be careful !
Miniature Dachshunds are like a piece of candy.
It is hard to just have
Again - AKC INSPECTED and 100 % COMPLIANT
We breed the following patterns and colors in long and short hair.
Dapples, Piebalds and Brindles in all colors.
Black & Tan, Chocolate & Tan, Blue & Tan, Fawn & Tan,
Black & Cream, Chocolate & Cream, Blue & Cream, Fawn & Cream, Reds, Shaded Reds,
Shaded Creams, English Creams and ee Creams.
Chocolate based Reds and
also Black, Blue & Chocolates with No tan or cream points. making them solids.
How and what we do
- We do not let our pups leave until they are 8 weeks old, and sometimes a few days past if they are not eating to our requirements. This is not negotiable. If the timing is going to be an issue, then we recommend you wait until it is "not" an issue any longer. Our babies well being is and will always be our first priority!
- We deworm our pups every 2 weeks until they are 2 months old, then every 3 weeks until they are 4 months old and then once a month until they are 1 year. Adults are dewormed every 4 months. If a Mom is pregnant she is dewormed an additional time 2 weeks before her delivery due date.
- We administer all vaccines according to recommended canine guidelines.
- At about 6 weeks old we give a Parvo shot then between 8 & 9 weeks we start their first of three 5 way vaccinations, and administer them every 3 weeks until finished. We do not give our pups the 7 way vaccination because some Dachshunds are allergic to the "lepto" virus in the vaccine. We recommend the Lepto vaccine be administered by itself at a later time.
- Our babies start on pee pads when they are with Mom and continue for months.
- Our puppies are raised and are handled and loved on several times a day from the second they are born. We start the weening process at about 7 weeks of age to give the pups plenty of time to adjust to being on their own and learning to rely on humans more than Mom for comfort, food and playing before they go to their forever home at 8 weeks old. We start potty training our pups with pee pads during the weening process as well.
- Pet price means the puppy is to be spayed/neutered and the buyer will have to sign a contract the day of pick up or delivery saying they will get the puppy neutered/spayed by the appropriate age (by 1 year old). Proof of the procedure will then have to be supplied to us.
- AKC limited reg. papers are an extra cost and are NOT offered with every litter. Buyer will be required to discuss limited registration ahead of time (before pick up) to see if we have plans to register the litter and will be offering to purchase limited AKC registration or not.
- We honor a 2 year health guarantee from any fatal life threatening genetic defects.
- As with most - We require the puppy be seen by your Veterinarian with in 72 hours of adoption for your protection as well as ours. This visit is to verify the puppy is as healthy that we say she or he is as well as get established with your Vet. with a puppy wellness plan, continue puppy vaccinations, dewormings, etc.
- We reserve the right to refuse placement of one of our babies if we do not feel the home is a good fit and/or one does not meet our "Purchase Requirements".
- Unfortunately we just simply have not ever been able to find the time to manage a "waiting list" so we do not offer that as an option and we do not accept deposits ahead of birth.
- Thank you so very much.
are a few of the previous babies we have brought into this world over the years. They have "ALL" been placed.
Sometimes they do not want to show up on a phone, sorry.
Go to the
Dachshunds for sale "
link above to see Adults/Teenagers and puppies for sale!
Kevin and Tina
Can I please have some privacy? lol
We have fed Diamond food for 10 years now.
Chicken & Rice Adult & puppy formula.
"All" Tractor Supply's carry Diamond.