Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
All colors and patterns
We are a small breeding facility located in a small town in the mountains of east Tennessee. We strive to breed wonderful pets and believe in top quality not quantity. All of our Miniature Dachshunds Parents are pure blooded Dachshunds Registered with AKC , and are part of our family and live under the same roof as we do. Everyone lives and sleep inside but get to go outside anytime they want, threw dogie doors. They are slightly spoiled and very, very loved. All of our puppies are sold as pets and are also raised in the house as part of the family, and handled endless times a day.
It's not very hard to continue doing justice to a breed that is already " PERFECT ". We believe this to be a " fact " not just an opinion. Doing justice to the breed is VERY IMPORTANT to us. So we do our very best to breed and raise Dachshunds in the Miniature size that are well grounded and are true to the breed. We also try our hardest to breed well balanced and conformation correct little ones.
Again " QUALITY " is number one!
They are very adventurist little ones and " LOVE " to be the center of attention but can be taught to step back and trust you once they see you love them as much as they love themselves.
Dachshunds are truly a wonderful dog. We have found them to be completely loyal, loaded with personality, extremely happy, alert, sensitive, smart, and above all a joy to be around.
That is where the term
" Extraordinary "
AND WE USE THE WORD
" Extaordinary "
IN OUR BUSINESS NAME BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN
" Extraordinary "
CARE AND SERVICES FOR THESE LITTLE ONES.
Which is what we try our best to do and give them and the public.
We believe they are here for our enjoyment and they deserve the best treatment.
Please feel free to call us and come by and see them for yourself,
but be careful !
Miniature Dachshunds are like a piece of candy.
It is hard to just have
Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Established in 2006
2014 AKC INSPECTED and 100 % COMPLIANT
On Facebook we are : https://www.facebook.com/edwards.dachshunds
We breed the following patterns and colors.
Dapples, Piebalds and Brindles
in all colors.
Black & Tan, Chocolate & Tan, Black & Cream, Chocolate & Cream, Blue & Tan,
Fawn & tan, Reds, Shaded Reds, no tan points in Blacks & Chocolates,
Shaded creams and English Creams.
How and what we do
- We do not let our pups leave until they are 8 weeks old and sometime a few days past if they are not eating to our requirements, this is not negotiable.
- We deworm our pups every 2 weeks until they are 2 months old and then every 3 weeks old until they are 4 months old and then once a month until they are 1 year. Adults are dewormed every 60 days. If a Mom is pregnant she is dewormed an additional time 2 weeks before delivery due date.
- We administer all Vaccines according to recommended canine guide lines.
- At 5 weeks old we give a Parvo shot ( pups are not allowed to have visitors until this shot has been given ) then between 8 & 9 weeks we start there first of three 5 way vaccines and administered every 3 weeks until finished.
- Puppies are raised in a bedroom of our home and are handled and loved on every single day several times a day from the second they are born. We start the weening process between 6 & 7 weeks old to give the pups plenty of time to adjust being on there own and learning to rely on humans more than Mom for comfort, food and playing before they go to there forever home at 8 weeks old. We start potty training our pups with pee pads during the weening process.
- We honor a 1 year health guarantee from any life threatening genetic defects as most reputable breeders do.
- We are registered with the state of Tennessee and the county we live in as a licensed dog breeder.
- To protect the health of our Dachshunds - visitors are not allowed to bring any pets onto our premises at anytime. Sorry. We are just looking out for the safety and health of our babies first and for most.
- Visitors are always welcome but because we do this in our home, we require an appointment to come visit and or pick up a puppy. Thanks. Blessings
Click the icon below for our face book account.
A few of the babies we have brought into this world.
Go to the " Dachshunds for sale " link above to see Adults/Teenagers and puppies for sale!
click on the Guest Book and sign in.
Kevin and Tina
Can I please have some privacy?
P.O. Box 245
Surgoinsville, Tennessee 37873
( 423 ) 345-4415
We have fed Diamond food for 6 years now.
* General Information & Registration and breeding rights. *
All of our puppies are sold as pets. Which means they will be spayed or neutered at owners expense.
*AKC " bred" means the puppy comes from AKC Registered parents, and is a pure blooded dachshund.
Deposit are NON refundable - Occasionally they are transferable to another litter within the year.
AKC puppies are all sold as pets. Limited Registration papers can be purchased at the time the puppy is purchased. AKC charges quite a bit, so in order to keep your cost down we DO NOT pay to register the AKC litters unless you pay the $100.00 at the time you buy your puppy to register your puppy limited AKC.
Breeding rights are purchased separately at the time puppy is purchased and are sold to approved breeders only and are priced based on the color, pattern and sex. Usually between $ 200.00 and $ 500.00 extra.
We " the Breeder " always reserve the right to have first pick of any and all litters we breed, unless otherwise stated.