Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Kevin & Tina Edwards in East, TN
Home land line (423) 345-4415
Required reading -
*How and what we do*
Edwards Extraordinary Dachshunds
Please check with us first before you place a deposit.
Approval from us in writing is required first.
Email for more details.
How and what we do
- We do not let our pups leave until they are 8 weeks old and sometime a few days past if they are not eating to our requirements, this is not negotiable. If the timing might be an issue then we recommend you wait to adopt when timing is not an issue any longer.
- We deworm our pups every 2 weeks until they are 2 months old and then every 3 weeks until they are 4 months old and then once a month until they are 1 year. Adults are dewormed every 4 months. If a Mom is pregnant she is dewormed an additional time 2 weeks before delivery due date.
- Our babies start on pee pads when they are with Mom and continue using it for months.
- We administer all Vaccines according to recommended canine guide lines.
- At about 6 weeks old we give a Parvo shot then between 8 & 9 weeks we start there first of three 5 way vaccines and administer every 3 weeks until finished. We do not give our pups the 7 way vaccination because some Dachshunds have an allergic reaction to the "lepto" virus in that vaccine. That will be something you will needs to be address with you Veterinarian during puppy vaccinations/wellness appointments. We do recommend doing a Lepto vaccine but at an older age and separate from other vaccines.
- Puppies are raised and are handled and loved on every single day several times a day from the second they are born. We start the weening process at about 7 weeks of age to give the pups plenty of time to adjust being on there own and learning to rely on humans more then Mom for comfort, food and playing before they go to there forever home at 8 weeks old. We also start potty training our pups with pee pads during the weening process.
- We honor a 2 year health guarantee from any fatal life threatening genetic defects.
- We require the puppy be seen by your Veterinarian with in 72 hours of adoption for your protection as well as ours. This visit is to verify the puppy is as healthy that we say she or he is as well as get established with your Vet. with a puppy wellness plan, continue puppy vaccinations, dewormings, scheduling spay or neutering, etc.
- Pet price means the puppy is to be spayed/neutered and the buyer will have to sign a contract the day of pick up or delivery saying they will get the puppy neutered/spayed by the appropriate age (by 1 year of age). Proof of the procedure will then have to be supplied to us. If we do offer AKC "limited" reg. papers, it is to be discussed in writing if it is available for that litter, if it is and we are offering it then it is extra cost to you and has to be discussed in writing before pick up or delivery.
- We are not available everyday of the week.
- We will not knowingly "EVER" place one of our babies with a puppy mill and or a pet store. We reserve the right to refuse placement of one of our babies if we do not feel the home is a good fit or does not meet our simple "Purchase Requirements".
- Unfortunately we just simply have not ever been able to find the time to manage a "waiting list" so we do not offer that as an option and we do not except deposits ahead of birth.
- Thanks for checking us out.
* General Information & Registration and breeding rights. *
- A deposit holds a puppy until he or she is 8 weeks old or the date specified. If Not picked up by that pick up date they will be put back up for adoption and deposit will be forfeited unless prior arrangements are made in writing. We charge $15.00 a day to hold a puppy past the first pick up date scheduled or $100.oo a week.
- A deposit is "NOT" accepted to hold one of our pups until we receive in writing who the deposit is going toward, contact phone numbers, who pup is for, family bio and a approval from us to adopt, etc.
- Also required is a response to our email confirming to our pick up date, spay or neutering, etc..
- All of our puppies are sold as pets. Which means they will be spayed or neutered at owners expense by 1 year old.
- *AKC " bred" means the puppy comes from AKC Registered parents, and is a pure blooded dachshund.
- Deposit are NON refundable - Occasionally (in special circumstances) they are transferable to another litter within a month.
- AKC puppies are all sold as pets. Sometimes we offer limited Registration papers which can be purchased at the time the puppy is purchased (but has to be discussed in writing ahead of time). AKC charges quite a bit, so in order to keep your cost down we DO NOT pay to register the AKC litters. If we do plan to register the litter we will allow limit registration and you will pay the $100.00 at the time you buy your puppy to register your puppy limited AKC.
- We " the Breeder " always reserve the right to have first pick of any and all litters we breed, unless otherwise stated. Blessings